Upgrades on an Emirates flight booked as Qantas

Discussion in 'Flights' started by tr+h, Nov 13, 2016.

tr+h

tr+h Dedicated Member

Guys.

About to book flights for 3 of us to go to Italy. For some time we were gong to go with Qatar flying Per-Doh return business and Italy legs economy.

For 10k less we can fly economy with Emirates under a Qantas booking.

In the past I always get an offer from Qantas to upgrade to business and I usually bid and miss out.

I am happy to bid a bit larger this time, but my question is will we still get a chance to upgrade this type of booking?

The Qantas flights get in at 8pm whereas our other option got in closer to 1pm and I always prefer to find accomodation in daylight. Our departure flight on Q will leave 3 hours earlier and get home about same time so okay with us.

Any experience on the upgrade process here welcome!

skifree

skifree Part of the Furniture Moderator Season Pass Gold

It's a bus ride from A to B, take tbe cheaper option.

Nozawaman

Nozawaman Addicted Member Season Pass Gold

If it's an Emirates coded flight , you can't get an upgrade with Qantas points.

Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Season Pass Gold

The flight with Emirates will have a Qantas number aswell, you should be fine.

bomber

bomber Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

Needs a kangaroo on the tail for you to upgrade.

Ozgirl

Ozgirl Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

Nope - you will have zero luck getting an upgrade on emirates metal - with or without a QF flight number...

Zimboo

Zimboo Addicted Member

No upgrade offer available on Emirates.
    Using points you can only book using a) "Classic flight reward" or b) "Points plus pay flight"

blutek

blutek Dedicated Member

If a two class A380, look for the less crowded upper deck cabin (8 seat rows instead of 10 seat rows).

Undies

Undies Part of the Furniture Season Pass Gold

As per the above, you cannae upgrade an emirates flight, even if you booked it via Qantas. Tried it again last week, still no joy.

$10k buys a lot of sleeping pills, and unless everyone travelling with you is on their P-plates, there's a good chance that you'll miss out on the points upgrades seats anyway.

:thumbs: ladycamper likes this.
    tr+h

tr+h Dedicated Member

10k is probably going to be the balance of our spend!

tr+h

tr+h Dedicated Member

So I can confirm we were never offered the opportunity to bid on any upgrades.

The extra we spent by booking this way though, gave us more points which we have now spent on exit aisles for our North America trip in dec/jan. Perth to Sydney, Sydney to Honolulu, San Fran to Sydney and finally Sydney to Perth.

Annoyingly though. Emirates cancelled our flight 12 hours out from departure!!! They let us only know by email and not by mobile SMS which I selected as my preferred contact method!!!!

When I rang Qantas to confirm and rebook, they knew nothing about it initially!!!!