Question Sydney Airport p7 parking

Discussion in 'Flights' started by bullet, Dec 7, 2016.

bullet

bullet Well-Known Member

Hi all, i couldn't find any info in past threads and virtually no reviews online, we (missus and myself) will be away for 2.5 wks in January.

Has anyone had any experiences or issues with p7 parking?
    Can purchase online for $240.
    Blue Emu would be a little cheaper but also not as close to International Treminal, and outdoor parking.
    Group transfer from wollongong will be the same price. I would prefer the convenience of my own car and not having multiple pickups.

Is security ok?
    Ive read a few reviews of other offsite providers with many bad reviews of car having damage and lots of extra KM's on the clock etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks.:)

dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room Season Pass Gold

I have used T7 for 10 days, no issues, under cover, too easy. Security is the constant movement of people and traffic, certainly better than the off site options IMHO

Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Part of the Furniture Season Pass Gold

I've used Pronto Parking at the International Terminal once. It worked well. IIRC the car was parked near an office that was occupied 24/7, although I'm not sure how much notice they took of anything. It was on the ground floor of the public car park. Drop off was on the right hand side of the departure level road, so super convenient.

dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room Season Pass Gold

Park as close to the central pedestrian movement area as possible. I think I was on LV 3. Worked for us coming from the Central Coast. Book ahead and ya done.

hatto

hatto Well-Known Member Season Pass Gold

Have you tried rental one way. drop off is right next to crossing at international terminal.

hatto

About $125 gets you one way wollongong to airport and do same return. Same money but not leaving your car anywhere but home.

bullet

bullet Well-Known Member

Thanks hatto,good idea if i lived right in wollongong, im actually at Shellharbour. Theres no rental places within about 20 min so would need to muck around with pick up/return of vehicle.

Thanks to to others for your replys too.

Its not like there will be anything lift in the car to steal anyway.

hatto

Ive done it that way a few time and always been great. Now rental cars down here have to be returned to same place so that makes it no good now.

robbo mcs

robbo mcs Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

I park there all the time, never had a problem. Just make sure you park in the multistorey park. There is security there and cameras etc. The main problem is the lifts get very crowded with lots of people with bags etc. Can be a PITA, but otherwise no problems.

:thumbs: bullet likes this.
    sn0wbunny29

sn0wbunny29 Well-Known Member

We use P7 each year with no problem. We try to get as close to the travelator as possible to avoid using the lifts.

robbo mcs

robbo mcs Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

Oh, and when you pre book the price is actually quite "reasonable", compared to the outrageous prices you pay at the domestic terminal

:thumbs: bullet and sn0wbunny29 like this.
    silva

silva Active Member

We use the valet parking option when leaving from the international terminal. If you book online we have found it very reasonably priced. It is super convenient and we have never had a problem.

:thumbs: bullet likes this.