Silver Star 2016-17

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bluess57, Oct 13, 2016.

bluess57

bluess57 Active Member

No forum love for Silver Star for the upcoming winter season ?
    I'm locked in for 11 Feb -> 18 Feb

:thumbs: blowfin likes this.
    blowfin

blowfin Active Member

Never managed to get there when I was living in Canada but I heard great things about it. Heaps of good looking terrain, and a bit more off the radar than places like Big White.

Curious how you are getting there if you're only doing a one resort trip?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    bluess57

bluess57 Active Member

I'm at Sun Peaks first, hoping to get an inter-resort shuttle over

KneeDeep

KneeDeep Well-Known Member

Short stay this year, only three weeks, 8th Jan to 27th, wife is retiring and heading off for a round the world trip when I get back. Will be my tenth visit to SS, I like it, something for everyone and suits me fine.

:thumbs: skifree likes this.
    Crystal

Crystal Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Season Pass Gold

Last chance early bird lift passes...get in before 31/10/2016

Crystal

We love it too.....oldest child thinks it's his fav hill so far.....and he has seen many. Girl child is still Apex driven.

KneeDeep

Took advantage of the early bird family season pass, bargain. Tried most of the well known resorts in BC and Alberta as well as the USA. SS ticks all the boxes.

MarkGC

MarkGC Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

This would be a box of scrolls I assume.

KneeDeep

Where you been Mark, haven't heard from you in ages, about time you came for a ski.

MarkGC

MarkGC Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

I've been around, no skiing in 2015 and only Perisher in 2016, BUT 3 weeks in US in Jan 2017.

Wanted to do Silver Star, but the Perisher Pass and Frequent Flyer flights to San Francisco sealed the deal. So we are skiing in the Lake Tahoe region. This time we will have all the kids with us, so you will probably hear us up in SS.

Only about 5 more years until we can just go and leave the kids to look after themselves, but who's counting.

:thumbs: azzski and KneeDeep like this.
    KneeDeep

Four weeks to go! Putnam and Silverwoods opened today. Very cold this week, -18c every day.

Crystal

clips from there look amazing at the moment.

KneeDeep

Yep, the annual stampede at the gate was on, not sure why, plenty of area to go to out the back.

sly_karma

sly_karma Part of the Furniture Season Pass Gold

Good friend that traveled to LL with me last week is a Vernon resident and longtime SS passholder. He skied the day after opening and said they shouldn't really have opened. He had to jump 5 open creek crossings in one run alone. Now since then it has snowed, got cold, and snowed again. They're back on track for a good Christmas season.

:thumbs: Marty_McSly, Crystal and KneeDeep like this.
    KneeDeep

Good way to start the trip, 15cm overnight but a lot more than that over the back. Doubles on Putnam were the pick later after everything was chopped up. Looked like an official sick day in Vernon today, very busy.

Crystal

Pretty empty over at Apex.....gorgeous snow all day

:thumbs: KneeDeep likes this.
    KneeDeep

Snowing now so should be another good day tomorrow, less crowded too I think.

KneeDeep

Son and granddaughters arrived today, girls highly excited. Should be an interesting couple of weeks. Glad it is warming up next week otherwise I doubt that I could get them out.

:thumbs: Crystal likes this.
    Ben Zeenees

Ben Zeenees Dedicated Member

good to see you're enjoying yourself - you bast@rd!

Ben Zeenees

Ben Zeenees Dedicated Member

not much snow this summer in Canberra!

KneeDeep

No I hear that it is very hot there. Had a couple of good dumps and a few days with 5cm overnight, made for some nice skiing. Bit skinny on some of the steep runs, lots of rubbish and stumps exposed, probably about 60cm less snow than this time last year. Girls are going well, can handle the blue runs and have had them down groomed black runs, can't keep them out of the trees. I am staying out longer but getting less runs I think. Back holding up. Doing something wrong with posting photos can't get it to work.

Crystal

They are all hidden from view.... it's a matter of pressing the little picture Icon and then inserting your address. I have fixed the first post but it is still deleted. I have posted it below. Hope that is okay.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017 at 11:29 AM
    Crystal

KneeDeep

Thanks Crystal, I think I am getting technically challenged. Must be old age.