1. 17 Feb 2014. Looking for Conversation, Sports Bar, Tech Talk and the rest of the Apre topics?
    You must now register and be logged-in to view these topics. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes.
  2. The leaves are falling and so are our prices! Autumn Site wide Sale Starts NOW + 48 Hour Killer Deals!
    Check the deals at: Torpedo7

Season Caravan Park near Perisher

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by ausi ski bum, Apr 18, 2012.

ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum Part of the Furniture

Having purchased a season pass I was wondering if there was anywhere close to Perisher I can park my caravan for the season, I dont mind if its a bit of a drive as I was going to use it as a half way point from Home in Cootamundra to the snowfields so I can duck up for some mid week days.

I used to do this at the Mt Beauty Caravan park before I bought flats in Falls Creek. Now I have sold the flats looking at options.
    Donza

Donza Old And Crusty Season Pass Holder

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
    Telemark Phat

Telemark Phat Addicted Member

Or if you like the excitement of murders you could go to Pat's Patch
    ausi ski bum

Seems strange not to be planning my FC skii season.
    agentBM

agentBM Part of the Furniture

Umm.....does Sawpit Creek permit season long stays. Just inside the park after the entry gates.

Located just 15 km from Australia's largest ski resort, Perisher, Sawpit Creek is midway between Jindabyne and Perisher Valley. At 1200m altitude and located five km inside Kosciuszko National Park, it's a great place to enjoy the natural Australian bush and alpine wilderness areas. Sawpit Creek provides alternative acommodation to the bigger ski lodges of nearby snow resorts at Perisher, Thredbo and Charlotte Pass.

[​IMG]

http://www.kositreat.com.au/caravanscamping/caravan-sites.html

edit: interesting they include this pic on that web site...looks VIC to me

[​IMG]
    ausi ski bum

Emailed tthem both, its a shame I dont know a farmer in the area :)
    BobGnarly

BobGnarly Dedicated Member

there are some cracking reviews on the net for the sawpit creek one.
    Ziggy

Ziggy Addicted Member Season Pass Holder

rocketboy

rocketboy Well-Known Member

There is no phone or mobile internet service at Saw Pit Creek. Which is kinda of boring at 8pm at night. Not sure about TV reception.

JHP is supposedly full for winter seasonal parking only - but there are a few vacant permanent spots - especially down in the swamp area - where they might be happy to take a winter only parking after this year's flooding. It probably won't flood again this year - and if did threaten to - you could move the van out of the way.
    Rapid_Revilo

Rapid_Revilo Well-Known Member

my old bosses moved from adelaide to run JHP in about 2010 - anybody know if they are still there?? Peter and Jeanette were the names....
    Karen97

Karen97 Addicted Member

New management R_R.
    snowpyro

snowpyro New Member

More info please....
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
    Rapid_Revilo

Rapid_Revilo Well-Known Member

oh really??? bahahhahah! made my day [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013