Question: Hotham lodge rooms at Easter

Discussion in 'Hotham and Dinner Plain' started by Ramshead, Feb 19, 2017.

Ramshead

Ramshead Well-Known Member

Hey Hothamites. A Sydney dad here, bringing wife and 2 kids to hike Feathertop via Razorback over Easter. Yeah!

We're looking for a lodge to accommodate us on the night before and after our hike. Problem is, we don't know exactly what nights that will be. Could be Thurs/Sat, could be Fri/Sun. Depends mostly on the weather.

So basically, I'm just wondering if any of u guys can recommend a nice friendly clubbie that is usually not chockers at Easter, and that might therefore be a touch flexible with bookings. Cheers and thanks in advance.

Seth

Seth Old And Crusty Season Pass Gold

I'd just email a few of them. Even at easter it's just about a ghost town at Hotham.

Timmossy

Timmossy Active Member

I'm a member at Wongungarra and there will be people up over Easter. Lodge may not be open until late on Thursday though by the time somebody gets up.

I believe rates are half that of Winter rates.

currawong

currawong Old And Crusty Season Pass Gold

Tanuki

Tanuki Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

From memory a lot of the lodges have working bees in over Easter. Should still be plenty of beds available

BrewerGrrrrrl

BrewerGrrrrrl Active Member

Tried Dinner Plain...? Its all open. lot happens there at Easter. 10min drive from Hotham. Probably a lot more $$$. I thought i saw Arrabri open off season at Hotham. not sure tho

currawong

currawong Old And Crusty Season Pass Gold

Some lodges at dinner plain will have min booking of 3 or 4 nights over easter. Geebung polo match and other events make it a popular time at dp

mr

mr Part of the Furniture Season Pass Silver

Pretty sure you can get a spot at pegasus at easter

Ramshead

Thanks for all your suggestions so far guys. Will send out a few emails. Dinner Plain is a big fat "no thanks". Kinda lookin for nothing going on rather than everything. Looks like Pegasus is fully booked by a Wagga cycling group @mr. Glad it ain't me riding up from Harrietville. I'm guessing that'd be the biggest vertical in Australia in a short ride.

mr

Give Trapdoor a whirl Ramshead

Ramshead

Will do @mr thx. Think I mighta stayed there once in winter ages ago and was trying to remember the name of it. Ding!

:thumbs: mr likes this.
    mr

Yeah Trapdoor was originally designed in the 60s by mrs mr's father, a founding member, then extended late 90s early noughties. We used to be members and stay there, but last 12 years or so been doing pegasus due to friends, and also went to peninsula a few times last year in shoulder season school hols

cqen2l

cqen2l Addicted Member Season Pass Gold

Eumarellah will be open @Ramshead PM me for details