Perks for Buller's CE

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by teckel, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Hully

Hully Dedicated Member

I see they have advertised MBMSRMB CEO role in today's The Age. You've got to ask why given that the whole management model is under review.
    The bullshit is dialed up to 11! The rhetoric includes "A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity....", "This is one of the most high profile, challenging yet rewarding CEO roles in Victoria" and "This is your next career move and may become your most significant".
    The reality of the level of the organisation is demonstrated by this grammatical gem "If you are the type of CEO that is interesting in taking this icon to the next stage.....".
    This whole recruitment process and its associated cost is another great example of Victorian ARMBs doing what they want without any regard to reality, fiscal responsibility for winter visitor expense or stakeholder expectation.

2. Seth

Seth Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Legends in their own lunch box.

wolly, Chaeron, Cuppa and 1 other person like this.
  3. Seth

Seth Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Not sure why anyone who is of any real smarts would go for it.

Blind Freddy can see that this could be a real shit sandwich.

4. DidSurfNowSki

DidSurfNowSki Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

I can. A CEO who is transitioning to retirement would be attracted to it. One who has made his or her money and has always wanted to run a ski resort. Such people are out there.

Chaeron, currawong and Charlie like this.
  5. Seth

Seth Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

People transitioning to retirement generally don't want a tough gig.

This could continue to be cushy or it could be ordinary depending on what happens with the board and overall management structure.

6. DidSurfNowSki

DidSurfNowSki Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

I would have said the same about my current boss. He's one of the most successful people in my field. He took a massive paycut so he could tick a box in things he wanted to do in his career. They do exist.

The job is high stress and definitely not cushy.

7. teckel

teckel Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

In the ad did they mention overseas family holidays at the taxpayers' expense?

djam likes this.
  8. Seth

Seth Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

And free accom for your friends?

teckel likes this.
  9. djam

djam Active Member

A message from John Huber:

Please be advised that on Monday the Board accepted the resignation of Paul McNamara, Development & Operations Manager with effect as of Tuesday 25 April 2017.

The Board acknowledged and thanked Paul for his service and dedication to Mt Buller and Mt Stirling over the past 8 years, and wished Paul all the best for his future endeavours.

I would like to take this time to personally thank Paul for all that he has done for the resorts during his service. I have had the pleasure to work very closely with Paul over his time with Resort Management and I have greatly valued his advice, insight, dedication and support over that time.

Paul first started with the Resort Management team as the Project Manager overseeing the development of the Mt Buller Resort Master Plan. This plan, created under Paul’s guidance, has proven to be one of the resorts’ most key strategic and visionary documents and is a credit to Paul’s hard work. Over the years Paul has taken on more and more responsibility in the organisation and has provided the organisation with his valued skills and experience.

I would like to thank Paul for his years of dedication and sincerely wish him well for the future.

The Board and I are currently working on appropriate transition and management arrangements related to Paul’s former duties and this will be communicated in due course.

Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or an executive team member.

Mt Buller Mt Stirling Resort Management
    Alpine Central
    Mt Buller VIC 3723
    03 5777 6077
    info@mtbuller.com.au

10. Seth

Seth Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Sweepy sweep sweep.

11. teckel

teckel Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Good. Why should the resort pay for McNamara's daughter to go to France

12. Madski

Madski Active Member

Why is John Huber sending this?

teckel likes this.
  13. benchives

benchives Part of the Furniture
    Season Pass Gold

14. teckel

teckel Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

From RMB press release above:
    After all, he has to organise his 2017-2018 summer o'seas trip!

15. Hully

Hully Dedicated Member

Because in true ARMB form they are thumbing their noses at the Government that appoints them, Victorian Ski Industry stakeholders and Victorian skiers and going on as though it is business as usual.
    Huber has shown that he does not have the integrity or judgement necessary to put transitional arrangements in place. I would suggest that his main priority is to get rid of evidence of other rorts and corruption....the shredder will be busy this few weeks in the MBMSRMB office!
    He should have been dismissed immediately and an interim administrator put in place until the revised Alpine Resort Management model is announced/implemented. This is what happens with local government when this type of corruption is identified.

#215 Hully, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  16. Madski

Madski Active Member

What a disgrace they are.

17. DbSki

DbSki Part of the Furniture
    Season Pass Gold

Robber Barons of Mt Buller

They're all tickling the till FFS
    Huber must have been a right cock for the others to shop him for doing it.
    Its the friendly ones that everyone likes who skim the most cream and keep their jobs.
    Smiling thieves.

18. RTL

RTL Active Member

Criminal conduct. No better than thieves on the street.

Study tours? Hope he saw and reported how far Buller lags behind world class ski resorts in France and the USA. Although terrain and snow the board can't do anything about, stuff like the rip off Buller taxi they can.

cookieman and CarveMan like this.
  19. wolly

wolly Dedicated Member

they could also do something about the gate entry price , and the 'having to pay at Mirimbah if i m parking there" price

20. Dave Clark

Dave Clark Active Member

Speaking personally here...

All this talk of Buller compared to Thredbo; keep in mind they are two very different structures. Thredbo lift co has the head lease and entry is payable to Nat Parks. In NSW nat. parks users pay across the board. In Vic only alpine resort visitors pay (because crown land not nat. parks) and nat. parks are free. On top of that the RMBs are in this purgatory situation where the're not LGAs so they can't access grants and funding, but they're also not just a head lease so they have to pay for all their own LGA-style services. Add all that up and for visitors it means
    • Vic resorts season entry = $683
    • NSW resorts season entry (+ all nat. parks) = $190
    There is a structural problem with the Vic resorts. Not just governance.

gaz35 and currawong like this.
  21. Seth

Seth Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

I doubt you'll find anyone of sane mind disagreeing with you on that.

It's the combination of the structural problem and snouts in the trough that blows things up exponentially.

CarveMan and Hully like this.