1. Use the Force Filters Luke Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

Sold Outdoor Research Neoplume pants

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by Moondog55, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Moondog55

Moondog55 Well-Known Member

Simply too small and I can't return them
    Outdoor Research XL is most peoples Large but Bogong won't except a return as I have worn them even if it was only once or twice and this is OK I guess as they would have to sell them as S/H and they don't sell S/H gear.

http://www.bogong.com.au/outdoor-clothi ... nts-1.html

The blurb says it all
    So if you have a 90 to 97cm waist these will be perfect for your winter needs
    These are in "As-New" condition and make a perfect clothing combination with either softshell pants or windpant and underwear combination for real winter warmth.
    Full length separating side zips are the real key to the use of these, no need to remove skis/boots/snowshoes if the wind comes up
    Side bonus is they add up to 10C extra warmth in your sleeping system if the bag is a little cool for the conditions and is a way to extend a marginal bag into winter above the snowline
    I'll take the loss and use the sale money to buy a pair of XXL Patagonia pants while in the USA, those should fit my middle-aged gut
    Asking $199- post included You'll save $70- but will entertain reasonable offers
    I also need to sell my Duvet parka for the same reason, I've grown since I bought it a few years [ OK Decades] ago

2. Moondog55

Any interest at $100-

3. Tanuki

Tanuki Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

What's the size when they pack down? i.e watermelon or cantaloupe?

4. Moondog55

Large Grapefruit
    They stuff into a 1 litre sack easily and can be compressed even more but that would shorten their life dramatically.
    I was using a breadbag and shoving into what ever space was available. It is the separating side zippers that take up the room, but those are what make these pants so good when you are in a hurry to warm up

5. Wheres Walle

Wheres Walle New Member

So I'm usually a medium or a large.. 90cm waist. Reckon i'd be pushing it a bit with the XL even if these do run a bit small?

6. Moondog55

I reckon these are more like a Medium/Large.
    The Patagucci I bought to replace them are an XXL but a full 100mm bigger in the waist.
    It really depends on whether you want to wear over other layers as that last resort warm up layer or under your storm pants
    According to ORs sizing information a 90cm waist is their Extra Large
    http://www.bogong.com.au/clothing-size-guide#page=page-3
    OR clothing seems to be a full size smaller than every other US maker, more like EU/Unisex sizing
    If you want them you can have them for the $100- but otherwise I am going to pull the add and relist closer to winter as by then they will be retailing for closer to $320- AUD As of today they sell for $269-
    PM me with a firm offer if you want them