1. Use the Force Filters Luke Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

Clothing Mountain Designs Everest down parka XL

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by Moondog55, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Moondog55

Moondog55 Well-Known Member

I hate to sell this but it is simply too small for me now
    Size XL suit some-one with a chest between 40 and 44 inches
    It is a mountaineering parka so it is a slimmer fit type garment
    65 mm of insulation in the body and 32mm in the arms, box walled in both sleeves and body
    It is a very long time since MD made down clothing of this quality and warmth
    650 fill power down and it has been treated with Nikwax so reasonably water resistant and if wetted out it dries very quickly
    I have Modified the duvet to stop an annoying down migration problem in the collar and I have added a lightly insulated Artigi style crutch piece
    Weighs 1060g with the hood and crutch piece, but over half of that is the down fill
    I have slept in this at -12C and been warm with only light underlayers and the big half bag while inside a tent on a double CCF pad and no sleeping bag
    I would rate this duvet with anything on the market at the moment for real life use
    650 FP down is simply much more resistant to loss of loft though wind pressure
    If being used as a High Altitude parka it does need a windshell, just bear that in mind if you are thinking of buying it for the Himalaya or The Andes
    Wind shells, even big ones, are cheap tho
    This was a $699- duvet when new
    It has always been stored correctly; fully lofted
    I have lost the original stuff sack but it wasn't much anyway so I will provide 2, a larger one for storage and smaller one for packing
    Note it isn't perfectly clean but I would prefer not to wash it as that will mean it will need to be retreated and it is clean enough to wear and use.
    I am happy for a close inspection here in Geelong
    Duvet has a proper heavy weigh #10 moulded tooth zipper, so no fumbling in the cold when wearing gloves of mittens.
    Detachable hood is the smaller of the two available so not a helmet fit although it does fit over a small alpine type helmet it won't fully close.
    Wind guard on outside of the zip and fully insulated behind, one internal patch pocket big enough for a Mars bar and a second battery pack, two external pockets with insulated hand warmers behind them
    Inside sleeve seams are stitched through to minimise bulk under the arms not to save sewing costs
    Remember to that some makers get the weight down by making a jacket shorter only to waist line, this is much longer down to crutch level for maximum warmth
    Many photos available if needed
    Any more details needed please ask questions
    Please note this is a serious winter/Alpine duvet not for use in milder conditions, hence the length and weight
    It would make a perfect partner with a FF Vireo
    http://featheredfriends.com/down-sleepi ... vireo.html
    or the Nunatac Akula

https://nunatakusa.com/sleeping-bags/51-raku.html

Asking $300- Pick-up $315- posted but reasonable offers will be looked at

2. ladycamper

ladycamper Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

I've seen and tried on the jacket at Moondogs. It's truly a special vintage piece that's still very much usable and felt really warm when I tried it this morning. It's so good I'd pick it up if I was able, it would become a piece of very warm and comfy kit. The hood is filled with down and very warm. There is very good loft in the jacket. It's absolutely recommended if you're in the market for a very warm down jacket for either the backcountry or international travel.

3. Moondog55

In New York at the moment but we'll be back in 3 weeks if any interest; as mentioned I'm only selling because I have grown out of it

4. Richard

Richard Addicted Member
    Administrator

5. Moondog55

Interpretation needed please Richard

6. Richard

Richard Addicted Member
    Administrator

7. Moondog55

8. Moondog55

I can't add pix at the moment; I only have my little laptop with me and all the pix are on the big tower back in Geelong and I didn't upload any to Google+ before we left but pix are over at Bushwalk.com in the for sale section

http://bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22956

9. Richard

Richard Addicted Member
    Administrator

fify

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ladycamper likes this.
  10. Richard

Richard Addicted Member
    Administrator

would have thought you had been around here long enough to know 'ttiuwp' :D

11. Moondog55

I knew FIFY tho
    Thanx

12. Moondog55

Available as I am back
    No tall skinny people who need a warm [ really really warm] parka here? I guess price would be negotiable for a quick sale to fund new skis

13. Moondog55

Price dropped to $250- plus postage
    Or feel free to make an offer but no lowballing will be accepted, if I wait a year or two it will fit male tadpole he is growing so fast

#13 Moondog55, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 2:30 PM