Advice needed July ski trip....and not coming home

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by soza, Jan 12, 2016.

Draizuh

Draizuh Dedicated Member

Got one at the bottom of the lake for 300k ;)

:thumbs: ScottGN and craighelo like this.
    pedub

pedub Active Member

Kingston?

Draizuh

Draizuh Dedicated Member

Yup. She aint that cheap now...

pedub

pedub Active Member

No... Nice work.

The +1 nearly got a nice job down there and we started looking there a few years ago, and 300 was maybe close to reasonable then.

Draizuh

Draizuh Dedicated Member

should have pulled the trigger man. its ****ing ace down here. the train has been sold to locals and will hopefully be running again soon! new sub division just gone in and all sold so upwards and onwards!

pedub

pedub Active Member

Yeah unfortunately she missed out on the job...
    Then we looked at a section in Ohau less than 100k, was verbally accepted then vendor slept on it and changed her mind. Now I see the sections there are heading up again... would have been an awesome spot for a ski bach. Could ski Ohau or otherwise Wanaka less than 2hrs away. Also heli trips out of Mt Cook pretty close. I love that part of NZ, probably my favourite place of all. One day i'll live there...

Only a few years till mortgage free on the Akl house though, hard yards are paying off

Draizuh

Draizuh Dedicated Member

yeah me and wifey looked at ohau too but lack of work in the area put us off. its not big enough yet. Would be damn keen on a ski shack up there but cant afford it.... yet!

pedub

pedub Active Member

Yeah, financially it would have been a bad investment for us unless we were able to work remotely or something. I doubt it could pay for itself as a holiday rental. Especially since we would be hogging it in the winter! I assume most people who own places down there are either totally loaded or retired.

These sort of hidden gem places though... it wont be long till you can't buy anything like it

Draizuh

Draizuh Dedicated Member

Unfortunately wealth is all too common in skiing. Plenty of great BC spots near me that most people arent prepared to work for :)

expatgm

expatgm Active Member Season Pass Silver

Yeah right. If your not working down here you'll be board out of your mind.
    Wealth? As above yeah right. In my dreams.

Draizuh

Draizuh Dedicated Member

What planet do you live on?? Skiing isnt for poor people. Zermatt, Aspen, Beaver Creek, Lech, Courchaval. these arent places for poor people. they might have cheaper options but skiing isnt exactly a cheap as buying a pair of running shoes....

Kelpieboy

Kelpieboy Dedicated Member

I dunno about that , looked at buying a pair of runners today .............asked the bank manager for a mortgage on the house to pay for them..............outrageous prices.

:thumbs: Annitowa and pedub like this.