Jetstar cheap - take a mate for free sale

Discussion in 'Flights' started by Donza, May 7, 2012.

Donza

Donza Pool Room Season Pass Holder

Starts 5pm tonight

FYI i booked these in 2010 and got to Narita for $469 each ..
    conradskis

conradskis Dedicated Member

To access the sale at 5pm you need to click through a link from an email (which is personalised to each recipient); if you aren't on their mail ing list the sale opens at 6am tomorrow.

Ends just before midnight on Weds.
    randomlyred

randomlyred New Member

Agh can't get through on my link, it takes me to a page saying that no sales or special offer fares were found.
    drc13

drc13 Active Member

Hmm I signed up for jetmail about 30mins ago but seemed to have missed out on this email.

Would be very interested to see if Japan in January 13 is included in this sale!
    skiflat

skiflat New Member

The email link will work for anyone, it is not personalised

The website will crash anyways
    drc13

drc13 Active Member

Ahh ok thanks, I'd read on another site it may have been a personalised link.

Will keep refreshing the page!

Edit: Link seems to be working now, unfortunately Sydney-Japan during my travel period not included [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
    skiflat

skiflat New Member

Japan is included
    randomlyred

randomlyred New Member

Nothing Sydney to Japan at all that I can see, and all the international flights are one way.
    drc13

drc13 Active Member

From a quick test it looks like you could do Gold Coast-Tokyo for around $1000 return so $500 each. Unfortunately earliest date is 5th Feb and I need to travel in January.
    Crispy013

Crispy013 Active Member

Link please?
    blutek

blutek Dedicated Member

5 Feb is good as it avoids the Xmas school holiday crowds, but it doesn't include business class fares from what I tried.
    Snorkler

Snorkler Addicted Member

Smitty is out Donza.
    Born2ski

Born2ski Part of the Furniture

Donza

its ok, according to fb he is come out of the closet
    travelislife

travelislife Active Member

I booked 4 people MEL-DPS-MEL for October, fully paid and received email itinerary (which usually seems to take 24hrs so this was unusually quick), with luggage ended up at $440 return pp which is pretty good. Unfortunately still need to buy one ticket as there are 5 of us travelling, unless someone on here is heading that way!?

Out of interest, what happens if the second person doesn't travel? Ie. I need to book this one extra ticket but if I book it with the second person free for a free seat and then they don't travel, can I do that so I have more space?

I also find it annoying on the booking engine that you can't separate which passengers have plus bundles attached to their ticket. Everything else can be broken down per passenger, why not this.

To add to this, interestingly the route MEL-DPS wasn't even listed, but when I did a search for MEL-BKK I then changed the booking from that page and it came up with the "Friend flies free" fares for MEL-DPS which were the normal quoted fares. It all priced correctly with 2 people free. Jetstar's IT systems must be useless!
    mauricem

mauricem Active Member

Is this as good as it gets? I'll be going in 2013 but wasnt really ready to commit to dates yet. Were similar priced deals offered later last year?
    cheers
    Maurice
    also waiting for NZ in Sept deals!
    mx_boarder

mx_boarder Part of the Furniture

needs moar onsen.
    Vermillion

Vermillion Pool Room

It's not too bad prices, if you were looking to travel between these dates I would book them now if you're in a position finanically to do so.

These are no good for the dates I need to travel [​IMG]
    Incider

Incider Active Member

just scored Gold coast to Tokyo return for two people in mid to late Feb with 20kgs of luggage each for $1078. Bargain!
    skiflat

skiflat New Member

and less Jetstar ?

or moar ?
    mx_boarder

mx_boarder Part of the Furniture

Moar. Cheap bus FTW.
    Donza

Its close to as cheap as you can get...though only just
    there were sales in september I think as well last year
    as well as boxing day
    and the 14th Jan (which is when I booked)
    I paid 650 for syd-gc-nrt-cairns-syd..
    that included the entertainment package on one leg gc-nrt....which is basically an ipad..
    mauricem

mauricem Active Member

thanks for the heads up.
    We've booked for early March heading to Hakuba, Hope that base looks the same as it did this year.
    Noticed jetstars default seat allocation thoughtfully placed us at the very back of an empty plane right next to the loo
    mdegan

mdegan New Member

Not flying out on the 13th by any chance?
    travelislife

travelislife Active Member

Seats are now still on sale, but not 2 for 1, rather prices are about 40% off.
    Incider

Incider Active Member

Yep!
    conradskis

Given Jetstar's system there's a good chance that could work, although the space is not absolutely guaranteed.

When you book, you can "reserve" your seats long before you check in, so you can reserve your seat and imaginary friend's together. They do say these seating positions are not guaranteed but I'm not sure what brings about a change. Of course once you check in but your imaginary friend doesn't, the seat is potentially up for grabs. Not sure how long they'd hold it for.
    Donza

Doesn't work...a friend tried it...booked two seats via this deal.
    when it got to checkin "where is the other person?".
    "umm they are sick"
    "ok then.... you forfeit the right to the allocated seat beside you"

he argued long as hard ...
    Born2ski

Can you book two seats under the same name ? ie. two seats in your own name.

Why can't a person buy two seats ?
    Donza

check in twice?

the problem also lies at the headcount..
    Born2ski

Is there anything in the Jetstar terms and conditions that says a person can't buy two seats ? I thought some airlines actually forced larger customers to purchase two seats. And don't many airlines allow you purchase a seat for musical equipment, ie cello ?
    skiflat

skiflat New Member

You can buy 2 seats!

Checking in twice is going to cause big issues when they start calling your name to find out why you have not boarded

I'd expect you to be kicked off and probably have trouble flying J* again for quite a while

Now the T&C's that I have read do NOT state that you actually need to travel with the other person.....

Qantas on the other hand with their 2for1 offers make it VERY clear that you MUST travel on ALL flights with the other person or they may refuse you boarding
    Born2ski

From the Jetstar website:

http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/Planning-and-Booking/At-the-Airport/Specific-assistance#size
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    Donza

Yeah you can buy two seats
    but not via two for one deal
    skiflat

skiflat New Member

This
    mdegan

mdegan New Member

Nice, cya there then I guess.

Where you planing to ski?
    TACKIE

TACKIE Active Member

Even without the two for one deal there are some cheap flights if you want to do an out of ski season trip. I just booked myself and #1 in Sept for just over a grand return for the two of us.
    conradskis

Yes but my point was although you forfeited the right to have that seat reserved, you may still have that seat vacant as it's been reserved up til that time. So you may get lucky and still have the seat free.

I can understand airlines not letting you have an extra seat if not needed - airlines regularly overbook flights because they assume a percentage of no-shows. If their flight is overbooked and they don't get as many no-shows as they expect, they don't want to bump someone off the flight if there is a vacant seat.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    TJ

TJ Dedicated Member

Seems a lot of crew took up this latest deal deal. 500 buck return flights to Tokyo is sooo good. We have been inundated with inquiries.