Insurance While Out Of The Country

Discussion in 'Passport' started by Nozawaman, May 11, 2017.

1. Nozawaman

Nozawaman Addicted Member
    Season Pass Gold

Number one son decided to stay in Whistler for summer . It would have been easy to extend the policy if it was still valid , but of course he forgot .
    Has anyone got any tips for reasonable insurance while out of the country ?

2. Budgiesmuggler

Budgiesmuggler Addicted Member
    Season Pass Gold

Some
    Of the backpacker specific ones cover this- look at world nomads or whatever it's called

Nozawaman likes this.
  3. K_Bird

K_Bird Active Member
    Season Pass Silver

Not sure how long since the policy expired, but it may be worth a call to see if they can reinstate it. I let my income protection insurance lapse and contacted them about three months later - they were able to fix it up for me.

4. freddy

freddy Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

World Nomads cover it.

5. Egbert

Egbert Dedicated Member

When Dad died we didn't notice the fire insurance policy on the farm lapse. Three months later they were happy to reinstate it as if nothing ever happened. We just had to pay the 3 months that we had missed. Wonder if they would have been so accommodating if there had been a fire during those 3 months?

6. LevRMark

LevRMark Active Member

As someone who has managed to injure themselves on their last two ski trips requiring treatment OS on both occasions (surgery the 2nd time) I would suggest any company where Lloyds is the underwriter.
    I was covered by World Nomads on the recent trip where surgery was required OS - they have been very good to deal with and do cover a range of "adventurous" activities (with $$ to match). On the previous occasion I was covered by TID and they were OK as well, processing and paying my claim promptly. I rate both companies ahead of another company we used who were problematic when we need to claim for a cancelation.

Long story short - I recommend World Nomads

Kletterer likes this.