1. 17 Feb 2014. Looking for Conversation, Sports Bar, Tech Talk and the rest of the Apre topics?
    You must now register and be logged-in to view these topics. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes.

Full season in Whistler

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Chalkie, Nov 27, 2012.

Chalkie

Chalkie Dedicated Member

I'd be interested to know if anyone has done a full season in Whistler as a middle-aged (retired) person - purely a leisure visit, so would be looking at renting a condo for the season. Any observations, tips, indicative pricing info etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Chalkie
    gareth_oau

gareth_oau Old And Crusty Season Pass Holder

Chalkie

Chalkie Dedicated Member

Brilliant. Thanks Gareth. Plan still a couple of years off but furiously putting the cash aside for a year in Vancouver - 8 months downtown and 4 months in Whistler. We want to stay close to Vancouver for family and lifestyle reasons, and Whistler offers on balance the complete package. I know that the snow can be better elsewhere (although I have been extremely lucky on my three trips to Whistler, with nothing at all to complain about when it comes to snow), but we're keen to have things other than skiing to do.
    gareth_oau

gareth_oau Old And Crusty Season Pass Holder

and accommodation will be much cheaper elsewhere too, and probably less crowded on the slopes too