Opinion Falls Creek - Bouquets and Brickbats

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by currawong, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Slide Sideways

Slide Sideways Active Member

Correct.

crazy? More idiot

2. Sadie

Sadie Chk Chk Boom

Special bouquet to Cath from Guest Services who did a great job orchestrating at FX. Loud, clear voice holding singles back and calling for them to fill the gaps.
    Now we just need guests to pay more attention to what they are doing and help them out a little.
    I'm asking too much, I know LOL

currawong likes this.
  3. Sadie

Sadie Chk Chk Boom

Blue Ford Ranger = ********

4. currawong

currawong Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Saw him in action at towers on saturday. Wish he would train the others.

Sadie likes this.
  5. currawong

currawong Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Brickbats for oversnow today.
    Surly driver
    Running out of trolleys
    Staff who give customers the impression that they are doing something wrong when the problem is that 4site are struggling. They might be stressed, but a smile and a joke might help the customer experience.

#555 currawong, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  6. Sadie

Sadie Chk Chk Boom

Or clone him

7. Cherry Ripe

Cherry Ripe Addicted Member
    Season Pass Gold

How is that quick to get away? You can't ski back to Frostys?

8. fx 140 ski freek

fx 140 ski freek Active Member

Agree with this

9. fx 140 ski freek

Brickbats to the old ledgend,no names, who didn't like an official complaint made about his disgusting toilets not being cleaned, his response " you don't want to go to war with me"
    Some things will never change up there until the old school retire

10. BillyKidd

BillyKidd Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Silver

Retire? The really nasty old school lot, there are still a few, will hang on like grim death and wring out every last cent they can while resisting any change that requires they shell out or have to adopt new practices (like customer satisfaction, a value proposition, clean toilets....who'd 've thunk it?!). You'll have to haul them out screaming.

fx 140 ski freek likes this.
  11. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

Don't have to ask who:rolleyes:

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Addicted Member
    30 Day Pass

A performance problem is a performance management failure and sometimes a workplace culture effect.

13. currawong

currawong Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Exactly

14. Stratus

Stratus Addicted Member

Any hints/clues?

15. fx 140 ski freek

Those that know, know who I'm on about
    Let's just say they are the most used toilets on the mountain

16. Moondog55

Moondog55 Well-Known Member

Brickbats to the person who took the fuel container from the back of my ute; Buckets to them if they actually put it into their fuel tank. Petrol jerry but actually half and half diesel and old cooking oil for starting fires with

17. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

Bouquets to all the lifties esp the young guy who said i had the coolest sunnies on the mountain he wanted to know where to buy them. They were 30 yr old glacier glasses
    Brickbats to the patroller on his stinky skidoo who asked me and another forumite where we had skied from. We had skied from the back of the summit to lorna dunkley and he was worried that we might have skied up some downhill runs. I felt like saying why would l be so stupid!
    Not a big deal but we were no where the downhill runs. Whats next armed psos.?

18. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

What a lowlife pos! Hope it stuffs up their engine. Nice to meet you Moondog last friday or @ whatever day it was!

19. DbSki

DbSki Part of the Furniture
    Season Pass Gold

Karma bus coming if he uses that.

20. Hully

Hully Dedicated Member

I would be very surprised if Ski Patrol cared if you had been near a downhill run. More likely just interested in where you've been skiing or if late in the day and sweep had commenced making sure you weren't downhill skiers being left in the ski area. Ski Patrol don't really play any role enforcing lift ticket compliance at Falls Creek.

currawong likes this.
  21. Moondog55

Moondog55 Well-Known Member

You would think people would realise that only stuff that doesn't matter gets left in the open like that. I did so I wouldn't make a fatal mistake in my own fuel tank
    Great meeting you Weerab and Chris I got home here to Geelong at midnite after a good run down the Snow Road
    Bouquets to the lovely lady at the entrance gate who gave me a complimentary parking ticket in case I was longer than 10 minutes loading up [ just after 1600hrs]

22. DbSki

DbSki Part of the Furniture
    Season Pass Gold

Thieves not too smart, they usually just grab anything not bolted down and worry about its value later.

23. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

Great to finally meet you too, Moondog. Very impressed with that triple load you were pulling! I got back at midday today after a great week at Falls. I would love to go back before end of season but forecast is not too good.

24. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

Brickbats to the Ticket office lady, Latin American accent perhaps. I got up at 12.56pm on hoppet day and she was a bit funny about giving me the half day ticket. I asked about day parking up top and she said "I haven't a clue, i have been in this box for the whole day". I said i thought you might have noticed all the hoppet traffic coming down! I would have assumed she would have been in contact with the parking guys at the top so she wouldn't be sending up cars when there was no parking available.
    This was in contrast to the lovely lady with the blondish hair there during the week who offered me brownies on a a few occasions. I think she might have been a local girl.

25. Slide Sideways

Slide Sideways Active Member

Bouquet to the girl at the doughnut place at slalom plaza on Saturday arvo.
    1 free doughy because quote "the wait was so long" unquote
    :thumbs:

26. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

Bouquet to the guy at Kiewa Valley Snowsports in Tawonga South. I know it's not Falls but they do service Falls Skiers. I took in an old pair of downhill skis and he checked out the bindings and adjusted them for me. He also gave me some good advice and did not want to charge me.
    He also had a great range of DPS skis, I had to avert my eyes so that I wouldn't be tempted.

I don't know how Tawonga south can support 4 ski hires, the town was like a ghost town last week, so too was Mt Beauty.

Hully and Marc8491927 like this.
  27. marv hucker

marv hucker Dedicated Member

Oh yeah reminds me

When we clocked in 2 weekends ago
    Line up in the main falls office in the 'pick-up/pre-booked ticket' express queue, because we had to pick up pre-booked tickets
    Told by the chick at that desk to not line up there, to go into the corall where the bulk of the hire/buy tickets queue was.
    Fair enough I thought.

Then someone else walks into that queue & she served them straight away. While we wait.

The **** are they playing at??

28. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Dedicated Member

Printer paper comes off her budget ;)

29. Sadie

Sadie Chk Chk Boom

Stop fluttering your eyelashes

30. marv hucker

marv hucker Dedicated Member

Useless prat was my best guess

We complained to what looked to be the shift/duty manager
    Zero shits given. Zero interest.

Not the best way to start the day

31. Ziggy

Ziggy Addicted Member
    30 Day Pass

Huge brickbat to VicRoads for limiting the only overtaking lane to 40 kmh.

There's a small chain bay on the outside that would need a monumental dump to be required and which is blocked to uphill traffic anyway. What were they thinking?!

32. BilbyBill

BilbyBill Well-Known Member

Yes it seems like it is an overtaking lane outside the ski season only. Changed to a chain fitting bay in winter. Hardly ever seen it used for chain fitting.

33. Hully

Hully Dedicated Member

They have used it a bit this season for chain fitting...last time was just over a week ago.
    On that note, chain fitting directions have been super conservative this year. Many instances where people have been required to drive significant distances on 'black road' with chains on. This isn't just my observation, it is a real talking point with many local long term regular skiers at Falls.
    Regarding the 'overtaking lane' I have pretty much given up using it to overtake slower cars anyway as I find most slower drivers speed up once they hit the overtaking lane making passing in the short distance of the lane near impossible. It is only of use when the slower car(s) are courteous and actually slow down to allow easy passing.

gaz35 and BilbyBill like this.
  34. Ziggy

Ziggy Addicted Member
    30 Day Pass

Jeez, I missed that freak dump.

Uphill drivers are blocked from using the bay opposite the overtaking lane anyway by the double lines.

What that lane would allow is a slow driver to drop right back to allow one or maybe two vehicles backed up behind them to pass - if the limit were 60.

35. Hully

Hully Dedicated Member

They use the left lane as the 'chain fitting bay' and through traffic years the passing lane. It was the Saturday before last.

36. Ziggy

Ziggy Addicted Member
    30 Day Pass

Bouquet to Be Foodstore for their completely OTT French Toast.

Brickbat to Bazaar for being ignored by 3 staff who then attended to the person after me.

Bouquet to RMB for being open to a conversation about the speed limit at the "Overtaking Lane".

37. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

I had a great ginger and carrot soup at Be last week.

Do you think your problem at Bazaar was due to ageism or that you were not wearing the latest in downhill ski fashion? ;)

38. wannaski

wannaski Dedicated Member

Great to see resort entry has been discounted again for spring . Cheaper than last year too . $30 a day or $218 for season pass if bought online

39. Ziggy

Ziggy Addicted Member
    30 Day Pass

Jaded staff at a guess. Have had great service there before.

40. chriscross

chriscross Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

Nothing to do with resort management but interested in people's opinions. Rented an apartment at FC for a week. Great location, I enjoyed it but..... on Sat 27/8 after Hoppet races I was taking a rest in apartment when the door opened and a woman came in. She asked what I was doing there and I explained that I had booked for a week and showed her my docs to demonstrate that I was there until 28th. I asked how she got in ( through two 5 digit security locking doors) and she replied that the booking company had given her the codes. She left to seek clarification and I pondered a breach of privacy and security. The company I booked with have claimed that another booking company was involved, sorry, and that the woman herself made the error. Doesn't sound quite right to me, but I'm pleased that I was there and that less responsible folk were not given access to my apartment containing wallet with cash and cards, car keys, martin guitar, voile skis, scarpa boots, macpac down jacket etc. Consumer Affairs advise a breach of care and skill but booking company don't want to know.

41. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

so if the poor lass thought she was booked in from Saturday the 27th where did she end up staying? a very sorry state of affairs. I am always a bit worried about these 3rd party agencies, I booked a motel in Mt Beaty thru Expedia but rang the motel a day or two before to make sure I was actually booked. I should have just Booked directly with them.

42. chriscross

chriscross Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

Is that Jimi I see before me? What a transformation, Rab. As for the lassie, I just suggested she get in touch with the booking agent. Was a bit shocked at the time.

43. weerab

weerab Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

it's lucky you didn't come out touring with me that arvo! yes it's an iconic photo of Jimi's silhouette on a pair of Marshall Stacks with speaker cloth hanging in tatters! Did you miss the thistle I had up there for a day or two?

speaking of guitar related things, you must get on to Justinguitar.com as I previously mentioned. he has just uploaded a lesson on Hunters and Collectors " throw your arms around me", an Aussie classic!

44. wannaski

wannaski Dedicated Member

Wow - as you said it was lucky you were in your apartment at the time . So glad this has never happened to us . I have stayed in apartments with the codes on the door many times . I honestly thought they would be changed per booking for security reasons . I would have been very upset if this happened to me . They should be doing something very nice for you to mend customer relations IMO

45. Bluebird

Bluebird Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

I had the opposite of your situation once at Falls - I was the intruder on an unsuspecting pair of cross country skiers! I was given the code and told that the room was vacant the night before our arrival, so we could enter the room whenever we got there. Not so! I felt awful about walking in while someone else was occupying the room.

wannaski likes this.
  46. gettingtooold

gettingtooold Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

So did you find somewhere to stay?

47. Bluebird

Bluebird Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Were you asking me? I was fine, was booked in on the night I arrived so no problem there. The accommodation provider must have had a last minute booking for the night before I arrived - certainly after they advised me the room would be empty that night! The cross-country skiers were in the middle of packing up to leave when I went in to the room.

48. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Dedicated Member

@Blue_Cruiser - I'm glad it was packing up not something else - you may have prevented another xc skier coming into the world. BTW since when did xc skiers stay on mountain?

Bluebird and Hully like this.
  49. Hully

Hully Dedicated Member

@Scott No Mates I'm concerned as to whether they were able to get the smell of sweaty hippie out of the room and vacuum up the scattered scroggin before @Blue_Cruiser moved in.

Bluebird likes this.
  50. currawong

currawong Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

Most xc skiers stay off mountain but there are some on mountain. Quite a few people who live there for the season (or all year) xc ski. Some xc skiers own apartments. Some ski clubs have members who primarily xc. And some xc skiers actually pay for commercial lodges and apartments.

weerab likes this.