Brumbies KNP Management Plan Review

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by tele-whippet, Aug 12, 2014.

1. VSG

VSG Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

Whaaa??

2. Majikthise

Majikthise Sage
    Moderator Season Pass Gold

Hully likes this.
  3. Ubiquitous Steve

Ubiquitous Steve Addicted Member
    Season Pass Gold

:emoji_speak_no_evil: :emoji_seedling: :emoji_ox::emoji_palm_tree::emoji_koala::emoji_water_buffalo::emoji_rabbit2::emoji_leopard::emoji_jack_o_lantern::emoji_monkey::emoji_sun_with_face:

Oh just convert the place to one massive blackberry farm....that will control the feral animals......:whistle:

If only the early Chinese prospectors from Nine Mile Diggings could see the place now.....under the stewardship of KNP.....they would marvel at the new Game Park Theme.Fresh tucker everywhere,goats pigs deer foxes rabbits and horses to pull gear around with....no need to use just a wheel barrow anymore!

#453 Ubiquitous Steve, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  4. Jacko4650

Jacko4650 Well-Known Member

I regularly see deer around Jindabyne and near Island Bend but I have never witnessed so much environmental damage as I saw when I was camping in KNP near the Vic border along the Barry Way. Pinch River was over-run by both horses, deer and rabbits. The river flats were torn to shreds by wild horses. In fact their lifestyle was so good, numerous herds were in similar areas. Incredible density = bad situation. I had to be very careful about the big stallions whenever I went for walks. The deer up there have more kamakazi in their blood than roos. Crikey, one even ran past me in the forby just so it could then jump across in front of me! It was quite a discrace what the feral animals had done to such a beautiful area. They must be removed.

Gimp and Ubiquitous Steve like this.