1. 17 Feb 2014. Looking for Conversation, Sports Bar, Tech Talk and the rest of the Apre topics?
    You must now register and be logged-in to view these topics. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes.

Blizzard Skis now on aussieskier.com - Kabookie Reviewed

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by CarveMan, Apr 30, 2013.

CarveMan

CarveMan aussieskier.com Moderator Commercial Member

I'm pleased to announce that Blizzard Skis are now available on aussieskier.com

http://aussieskier.com/gear/brand/blizzard/?affiliates=2

We have started with their Free Mountain range and will be adding their Magnum/G-Force and Race series.

The Free Mountain Range have been extremely fast sellers in the USA and received a number of awards in the annual Magazine tests. It is a relatively new brand to Australia and as a consequence not well known, but a quick google will show how popular these skis are overseas, particularly in the US.

We have a number of their 2013 skis listed at prices discounted to RRP and are anticipating the arrival of the 2014 models.

I personally skied on a Blizzard Kabookie during my trip to France this year - you can read my review here: http://aussieskier.com/gear/2013-blizzard-kabookie-skis/#comment-2783/?affiliates=2

http://aussieskier.com/equipment/blizzard-skis-now-available/?affiliates=2
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    CarveMan

Here's the 2014 lineup:

[​IMG]

The main skis are essentially unchanged, and additions to the range of skis with and without metal - ie the new Brahma is a Bushwacker with metal, and the Scout is a Cochise without metal.

I'm super keen to try out a Brahma as they sound similar to my pet favourites the Prophet 90 & if they have a similar feel to my Kabookies they could be quite the ski.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    Chowder11

Chowder11 Dedicated Member

I love what you guys are doing here with the aussie website. Its great to see an aussie based site competing price wise with the large international sites.
    Quick question though, are you guys looking at introducing some big powder skis?
    Correct me if im wrong but your widest ski is the line influence 115. So im talking 120mm+ full rocker style?
    Again correct me if im wrong but it appears your selling skis that would be suitable for "aussie" conditions. Personally i dont ski in Aus that much anymore, due to many reasons and not just the usual excuses. But i prefer a wide ski in any conditions, and im all for supporting local business's, and especially fellow ski.com.au forum addict's.
    CarveMan

Hi Chowder - thanks for the kind words - much appreciated.

Yes we have some bigger skis on order but won't take delivery until later November for people travelling OS - as we're a new business cash is tight so don't want to pay for an expensive ski right now that may linger around until the end of the year!

I think I need to make it more clear on the site that if we stock a brand you like, but not the model or size you're after just get in touch as we can get things in from our suppliers in only a couple of days. The suppliers we are working with are committed to supporting our model and can get gear despatched quickly from their warehouses.

We're also going to be stocking 1 or potentially 2 more ski brands & will announce that at the right time.
    Chowder11

Thats a fantastic relationship you have with your suppliers then which again is great news for us aussie consumers. Both Line and K2 make great options in the type of ski i ride.
    I will be looking at purchasing a pow specific ski for next years annual Canada trip towards the end of this season, so ill be interested to see what other brands you guys will stock.
    Keep up the great work.

P.s. Moment make some pretty schweet skis, wink wink haha
    Donza

Donza Old And Crusty Season Pass Holder

Cheques in the mail...
    CarveMan

[​IMG]
    Ralph_implement

Ralph_implement Dedicated Member

The more the merrier and good luck to CM I say, but there are a few aussie based sites that have been around for a while doing good deals.

Not too many stocking 115+ under foot ski's though.

The Blizzards are damn sexy!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    CarveMan

Yeah they are really, really nice. I'm not the biggest fans of the graphics themselves, if anything the Kabookie is pretty ugly, but the quality of the graphics/topsheet is awesome - sick pearl effect etc.
    Ralph_implement

Yes, in the flesh they look much better than in a pic IMO. One of the best finished skis over the last couple of seasons I reckon.

A guy in a shop in Canada was telling me when they put the rocker in they do it during the shaping process, they don't shape them afterwards like many brands. I have no idea if that is true or if it matters but I found it interesting.
    CarveMan

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    CarveMan

Here's some 2014 Bonafides with Baron EPFs that I mounted this morning - ready to be sent to a lucky customer in Sydney:

[​IMG]
    Chowder11

BobGnarly

BobGnarly Dedicated Member

What an awesome way to ensure the ski has zero pop!
    CarveMan

Blizzards have camber underfoot & rebound - click the link above.
    BobGnarly

BobGnarly Dedicated Member

I was just saying if you profile the core to the shape of the camber like old mate was saying you get no pop. Pop is a product of preloading the wood core.

Im not trying to be a know it all lol, just pointing out that someone has been fed some bad intel
    Pete Ay

Pete Ay Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    Pete Ay

Pete Ay Well-Known Member

Hey Carve, any chance you'd do some demo days? More something the brands themselves do, I know, but I'm sure you had lots of skiers on here interested
    CarveMan

Not at this stage - but if you're a Buller skier there is going to be an expanded demo setup for Line/K2/Blizzard and the usual brand demos at the other resorts.

Resorts aren't too keen in having retailers do their own on snow demos as it competes with their own retail interests.
    Ralph_implement

The way skiing is taught these days one doesn't need "pop" in a ski, and by CM's article I am still a but confused as to what the frighten difference is with flip core or anything else.

It sounded gimmicky when the guy explained it, and still sounds gimmicky, but they do look purdy!!
    CarveMan

Wow things musta changed since I quit! Tell me more!
    Ralph_implement

No rise and fall/unweighting during turns, but I am not stupid enough to get into a technique debate with an ex-level 4 instructor turned ski salesman who is never wrong [​IMG]
    CarveMan

Wow.
    Ralph_implement

See post above.

I will add that I said the same thing when they were teaching it at the instructors course.