Accom Options for Breckinridge

Discussion in 'United States' started by Wannabe, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Wannabe

Wannabe Active Member

Looking for mid mid range Accom options for 7 days in Breck. Five adults. Well 2 parents and 3 adult age hangers on. Hoping to do Whistler & Breck so want to save as much as possible on both Accom locations.

2. chicski

chicski Dedicated Member

I've been researching this lately. I can't afford on snow, so we are looking at off snow but within a reasonable driving/bus distance. I'm tossing up between Frisco, Silverthorne and there are a number of condos in Breckenridge town but not actually ski in/out, you still need to drive/bus but only 2-3km away from lifts. We are probably leaning towards that. Try airbnb, VRBO (Homeaway is part of this) and Vacasa.

3. Research101

Research101 Active Member

try allura direct for whistler accom

4. Nidecker

Nidecker Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

We stayed Goldcamp II last summer US$2284 for 15 nights. 2 Bed condo with 1 x dbl (master bed) 1 x dbl BUNK in the 2nd room (never seen one of those) and there was a fold out in the lounge room.

Goldcamp II was on the Ski Hill road bus route a few mins to the chairlift, could have walked if you wanted.

Good guy to deal with, found him via VRBO, but dealt direct.

Mark Roberts
    All Summit Accommodations
    Office phone: 970-423-7325
    Email: mark@allsummit.com
    Web: www.AllSummit.com or www.AllSummitAccommodations.com

You can't go wrong in Breck though. Don't bother with Silverthorne, too far, Frisco would be OK, but I would really recommend Breck town even if not on the mountain. Its not that expensive to stay, great food great town. Bloody Awesome ski resort!!

Below is a pic of MID AFTERNOON in second week this Jan in the resort. Mind you the child in the picture commented that she prefers groomers after our session that afternoon..... Its alright cause I took her straight to a psychiatrist :)

chicski likes this.
  5. chicski

chicski Dedicated Member

Thanks. We have booked a place but I'll email this guy too.

6. Nidecker

Nidecker Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

I will probably get shouted down for this, but here goes. :)

I know Whistler is popular with Aussies, but it can be a little hit and miss, it is a very low altitude, and although the village and resort are disneyland like, there are way better places in North America (Epic Pass). A lot of Aussies are easily impressed, and given that most of our experience is Australian resorts, its easy to get to Whistler and be wowed, but really if you are going to ski Breck, and somewhere else, I would consider Utah first, the snow quality is 100x that of the coastal low altitude of Whistler.

Sure you might get to Whistler and it will be great, but equally it can be not so special.

When travelling for snow COLD and ALTITUDE are your friends :)

I will just duck for cover now......

7. chicski

chicski Dedicated Member

Over USD200 per night for our dates. Will stay with the airbnb :)