2016 Epic Australia Pass

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Snowfi, Aug 14, 2015.

Snowfi

Snowfi Active Member Season Pass Gold

2016 Epic Australia Passes in Perisher Shop.
    Default refund protection included in prices.

Ex Tube
    Adult 788
    Student 448
    Over 65 524

w Tube
    Adult 863
    Student 482
    Over 65 599

Deposit now (w Tube)
    Adult 88
    Student 62
    Over 65 74

:thumbs: Ted Harper likes this.
    neko

neko Active Member

Have to say it's pretty good value, unlimited Vail resort access (with the 10 day limit at Vail and Beaver Creek) and 50% off tickets on blackout dates.

Six day tickets up to 50% off for friends/family, Perisher owned outlet discount upped to 15%.

I'm a happy camper, paid my deposit!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Snowfi

Yep, paid deposits, worry about the rest next year.

Marty_McSly

Marty_McSly Addicted Member Season Pass Gold

What's with Park City/Canyons? Canyons not on list. Busy packing for Perisher trip early tomorrow so no time to research. Is Canyons so fully integrated that the name has been dropped, or have there been more dramas with the takeover?

p2p

p2p Active Member Season Pass Silver

It's all just Park City now - even the old Canyons web address redirects to Park City

K_Bird

K_Bird Active Member

^^ correct. They've kept the Canyons logo and the Park City name. New slogan "one Park City".

Ozgirl

Ozgirl Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

$49 deposit and $39 for pass protection

Whoose getting pass protection? ROFL

Polland

Polland Active Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room Season Pass Gold

How much without the Vail Resorts access I.e. just for PB ?

LMB

LMB Part of the Furniture Season Pass Gold

LOL
    day tickets!

K_Bird

K_Bird Active Member

Is that a pretty big ($100+) price increase? Or have I got rose-coloured glasses about the price I paid for this years' pass?

:thumbs: WaitAwhile likes this.
    WaitAwhile

WaitAwhile Dedicated Member Season Pass Silver

For those that have no intention of skiing at their U.S locations, it is a pretty big jump.

:thumbs: Quet and dawooduck like this.
    Ozgirl

It's only a $50 increase for the actually pass, not sure if with the ski tube it's is a complete $100 increase?

K_Bird

K_Bird Active Member

That
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm not sure it's the best marketing strategy for them - sure, for those of us who are generally planning to head to the U.S. anyway, it works out well, but there's a lot of Australians for whom the Epic access is either irrelevant or a free "bonus" that they may decide to use or not use when the time comes. I'm not sure how many people would see it as good value ..?

:thumbs: Quet likes this.
    Fandango

Fandango Active Member

It was $699 in 2012 for Perisher only, so $90 more 3 years later is pretty good value for me, even if not going O/S. Suppose each person has to do some sums on how many days they expect to visit.

WaitAwhile

WaitAwhile Dedicated Member Season Pass Silver

I thought they were also trying to get people to use the skitube rather than driving up.
    For us its got nothing to do with their resorts in the U.S,just that we have no intention of visiting North America.
    So it all becomes a little irrelevant.
    But it still is good value

Fandango

Fandango Active Member

Yeah, $75 for the tube for the season is pretty good, especially when the Perisher carparks fill up at 9am!

:thumbs: K_Bird likes this.
    skichic

skichic Addicted Member

Pass protection covers you throughout the season. If you have a season ending injury early on (like I did) you get a partial refund. I didn't have the insurance then and lost out with 3 days on the ticket.

skichic

skichic Addicted Member

No it's not. For myself and daughter it cost $71 more than last year. We get skitube and pass protection. And the deposit is lower this year.

:thumbs: Ozgirl likes this.
    Ozgirl

Oh really?

I thought you got a partial refund if you injured yourself during the season anyway.

I know they give partial refunds on multi day tickets.

skichic

skichic Addicted Member

Nope. Sent my X-rays and everything. Got nothing except "that's what pass protection is for".

Nowada

Nowada Well-Known Member

Wife and son will probably only do 7 days this year with 11 for me. Next year may be boarder line as to a pass for me. Its just really good for spur of the moment powder days. I have to embellish the cost benefits of the pass somehow to the wife.

K_Bird

K_Bird Active Member

I got the same from Vail for my actual US Epic pass last year. I didn't care as I had travel insurance which covered it anyway, but travel insurance won't cover an Australian pass, so I think pass protection is reasonable.

cold wombat

cold wombat Twitter Contributer Social Media Mod Season Pass Gold

I will always be buying pass protection. FWIW, I think pp should be included in the base price.

Balsta

Balsta Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, the base epic pass is $50 more for adults and $30 for kids than last years freedom pass. And from memory Skitube was $69 last year l, so a $6 increase this year.

Obviously I'd rather a price drop or no change but a $50 price increase since 2012 isn't too bad.

:thumbs: Lady Penelope, K_Bird and Ted Harper like this.
    person s

person s Old And Crusty Season Pass Gold

others may recall that there was a survey last year which included questions as to how much of a price increase would make a difference eg would we pay $100 more per year? $200?
    I still think the best part of this deal is the price of skitube, even at $75 per season
    I use it all the time now

Olgreg

Olgreg Dedicated Member Season Pass Silver

I did the survey
    I never use ski tube
    I mainly eat at Eyre, no discount
    Probably won't go to Vail etc
    It's still a good deal.

K_Bird

K_Bird Active Member

Thanks for confirming the numbers. I obviously had remembered incorrectly thinking it was cheaper last year.

Ozgirl

Wow

Looks like the US centric customer service refunds aren't coming across with Vail either!

The US are fabulous at issuing refund.

"Oh changed your mind? No worries heres all you money back"

Donza

Donza Pool Room

My wife got her pass refunded .. was after a car accident.
    If it hadn't occurred we would have claimed it from the at fault driver's insurance.

skichic

skichic Addicted Member

Well I didn't buy a pass the next year and still managed around 12 days on snow at no cost :D

DidSurfNowSki

DidSurfNowSki Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

To buy or not to buy, that is the question...

Donza

Donza Pool Room

I just buy. Its a no brainer

:thumbs: Ted Harper and nfip like this.
    nfip

nfip Addicted Member Season Pass Gold

Pass protection is a winner.
    I claimed last year whole season after knee injury in Japow.
    Daughter broke her arm year before half way thru the winter (yes, snowboarding ......).
    Shite happens.

Olgreg

I just signed up, Perisher and Thredbo actually. I'm having a long break next year and will mix it up a bit. Pass protection essential. I've got away without it so far but I don't want to tempt fate to much. Epics for me and daughter no. 2, with enough half price tickets for diaghter no. 1 and her bloke.
    I love it when I am still planning this year's spring skiing and can already dream of next year.

:thumbs: Fandango and Ted Harper like this.
    DidSurfNowSki

DidSurfNowSki Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

Deposit put down. @Gerg can now put up his charts saying how awesome next year is going to be.

Marty_McSly

Marty_McSly Addicted Member Season Pass Gold

Well it is an Olympic year.

Snowfi

Did you see mates rates confirmed for 2016? I wasn't sure.

Olgreg

Yeh under the benefits drop down. Six per pass half price pay in advance. Unless I misread the intertube again.

Telemark Phat

Telemark Phat Part of the Furniture Season Pass Gold

robbo mcs

robbo mcs Dedicated Member Season Pass Gold

Actually says you can save UP TO 50%. That could mean anything from 0 to 50% and implies the discount will vary

Snowfi

That sounds like this years, very open ended. Perisher staff told me its 15% minimum this year although everyone we have 'invited' has received above 15% and generally the full 50%. That included 50% off kids lift and lesson tickets as well.

Ozgirl

This year it seemed very day of the week dependent.

Then also how far in advance you bought it.

northsail

northsail Dedicated Member

How long is this offer (EPIC Pass) going to last?????

Ozgirl

How long is a piece of string?

I don't even think the resorts know.

I mean who would have thought this time last year that you would have been able to buy season passes so cheap on June 1st?

Donza

Donza Pool Room

What do Vail do?

Ozgirl

I don't think Vail is a consideration in this... they don't seem to compete with other resorts in their area over in the US.

It will depend on what Thredbo do!

They seem to play off each other. the 'beat the price rise' & 'before the chair lift gets to the top' has always been ambiguous IMO!

skichic

skichic Addicted Member

In the USA they tend to have set dates for early bird prices. Perisher always keep you guessing. I think last year the skitube prices went up after a while.

Fandango

Fandango Active Member

Got an email saying prices go up after 31 Aug, anyone's guess how much

Astro66

Astro66 Still looking for a park in Thredbo

All my crew aren't taking any chances, and have signed up.

But I doubt the rise will be more than $50. Considering they offered it at $750 till May of this season.