1. 17 Feb 2014. Looking for Conversation, Sports Bar, Tech Talk and the rest of the Apre topics?
    You must now register and be logged-in to view these topics. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes.

2013/2014 FIS Cross Country World Cup

Discussion in 'Competition, Racing & Olympics' started by TeleXC, Nov 29, 2013.

TeleXC

TeleXC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd start a new thread for the cross country world cup, I was going to use the Cross country racing tread but I thought I'd leave it free of world cup talk because its more of a local cross country tread to talk about our races and training in Australia.

Anyway... The first televised xc world cup for the season starts tonight on Eurosport at 10:15pm: Men & Womens sprint classic from Kuuasamo, Finland

Just a reminder if you haven't entered the Ski trax Fis fantasy competion enter it now, theres great prizes to be won including some $1000 fisher skates. All you've gotta do is make a team of 5 men and 5 female skiers who are on the Fis points list. You've got to do this before tonights race I'm sure.
    TeleXC

TeleXC Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the cross country last night? Very interesting sprint. Petter Northug didn't even make it to the final, they say he has been sick recently. Colongna out of it because of injury and last years winner krukov blew up in the final. It was an exciting photo finish in the final with Brandsal taking out 1st, gafarov and petterson very close behind. Kowalcczyk won the womens with kikkan behind. It scares me how much you've gotta double pole in classic these days, it was the polling that really got some of the compeditiors across the line.

TeleXC

TeleXC Well-Known Member

Tonights Cross country on Eurosport:
    7:45 CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING: World Cup in Lillehammer, Norway - Women 10km Classic (90min)
    9:15 BIATHLON: World Cup in Hochfilzen, Austria - Women's Relay (105min)
    11:00 CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING: World Cup in Lillehammer, Norway - Men 15km Free Technic (90min)
    12:30 BIATHLON: World Cup in Hochfilzen, Austria - Men Relay (90min)
    2:00 BIATHLON: World Cup in Hochfilzen, Austria - Women's Relay (45min)

Not sure if theres any ausies tonight, could posibly be some in the biathlon relay if enough qualified for a team.
    TeleXC

TeleXC Well-Known Member

Ah theres a good stage on the tour de ski tommorow. Something like a 30km skate pursuit I think. The one last year was excelent, Played out like a tour de france stage with brake aways and chases! look out for it on eurosport